5 Signs You Need Help Finding The Right Job or Internship
If you’re looking for a job or even an internship, you’ll want to make sure you give yourself at least six weeks to land a position and two additional weeks to get your first paycheck. Remember that this is a process and it can always take longer than you initially planned. But sometimes, it’s good to admit that you need help finding the right job or internship.
Top 5 complaints about looking for a job:
- Scrolling through pages of job posts and not being sure what would suit your abilities and skills
- Not knowing if the job is still open
- Submitting your resume into cyberspace
- No response from prospective employers
- No feedback from prospective employers after interviews
If you’re looking for an internship, be wary of unpaid labor posts instead of real internships. An internship is supposed to help give you a sneak peek into a possible line of work. Yes, it can be made up of menial tasks, but you must start at the foundation of the business. That doesn’t mean that you need to run out and get staplers for the office unless your internship is to learn how to be an office manager.
Top 5 complaints about looking for an internship
- Sifting through pages of generic ads
- Finding real employers
- Getting an internship that means something or leads to a real job
- Internships being unpaid
- Internships that aren’t really internships, just a demand for free labor
If you’re looking for a job online or on-foot give yourself enough time wash-rinse-repeat.
The traditional path of getting a job online:
- Create a resume (or 10 variations)
- Search for jobs of interest
- Scroll through pages of Employers who paid the most to get your attention
- Follow the path of clicks
- Submit your resume
- Fill out an application
Need Help Finding the Right Job?
We’re here to help! Pepelwerk is the job match-making app, that will help you find the right job, based on your skills, interests and abilities. Create your own account today and get started. Remember – no past work experience is required when completing your Talent Profile.
But wait, there’s more. Our app offers career-coaching to the active members so that you can figure out your path and seize the opportunities that are waiting for you. So, what’s holding you back from getting your dream job?