Career Coaching for the Win: Find a Career Coach with pepelwerk
What’s the first thought that comes to mind when you hear the word "coach"? Sports, right? Due to the ever-increasing competitiveness of corporate life, professional coaching has expanded into worlds other than athletics. Life, financial, health, and career coaching roles are just a few examples of how we have grown to accept a helping hand from others in all aspects of life. We explore the key uses for career coaching and how to find a career coach with pepelwerk.
Career Coaching and Mentorship
Is mentorship common in the career space? Isn’t that the same thing as coaching? What's the difference?
Coaching is usually short-term compared to long-term mentorship. Even a single meeting with a career coach is common. Also, coaching is task-driven and performance-focused, whereas with mentoring the goal is development-focused. For example, if someone would like guidance in improving a single aspect of their career, such as time management, project management, or prioritizing goals, a career coach is a great option.
Though career coaching is gaining traction in corporate life, it is still a route less traveled for most. Whether it just doesn't occur to someone to tap into this well of self-improvement/career development, inaccessibility to qualified professionals, or lack of knowledge of how one can benefit from the coaching experience. Unemployed persons, students, employed workers, and even employers can gain insight into and enhance their work life by utilizing a coach.
Career coaching will benefit those the unemployed the most. Multiple rejections can cause despair in unemployed individuals and they may feel lost on what to do after being laid off from the only job they’ve ever had. Maybe someone would like to take the chance to change career paths but need an extra push. A coach can help those who are unemployed with:
- Identifying what roles are the best fit and help initiate contact with employers (the pepelwerk app connects talent with employers by skill)
- Creating and maintaining a professional brand
- Practicing interview questions and answers and improve interview etiquette
- Increasing confidence and reinforcing commitment to finding work
Grads and students can get ahead of their peers in the workforce by meeting with a career coach, even just once. A career coach can help students by:
- Providing educational and career-related resources that will give basics of what to expect when seeking first employment after school
- Guiding how to obtain letters of recommendations to supplement internship applications
- Teaching best practices in how to manage the financial aid process
- Selecting career options, internships, or continuing education programs that best fit the student’s skills and interests
Download the pepelwerk app. As a Talent member, you can find a career coach to help you define your career path.
Employed individuals are less likely to seek career coaching since they think that career coaching is only necessary when seeking work. A career coach, especially not associated with their current employer, can be very useful in navigating issues in their current role by:
- Mapping out strategies to handle everyday work functions
- Developing coping methods for dealing with challenging situations
- Gaining management skills
- Getting advice for dealing with personality conflicts in the workplace
- Teaching skills such as public speaking, time management, or any concrete tasks that may assist in current employment
Employers tend to want to keep career coaching and development practices in-house through mentoring. And, of course, current employers can be ideal for long-term mentorships, especially if the mentee is on a shortlist for management development. But, a career coach from the outside can work on targeted issues that one or even a group of individuals would like to resolve. They provide a fresh perspective without any political implications. From an employer perspective, investing in career coaching for employees also shows a high level of interest in the development of those employees.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have certified professional career coaches at your disposal? With a pepelwerk membership, you get access to a Career Coaching feature that connects you directly with these professionals. It’s that simple. Think about it; you have a team of individuals that struggle with managing their time. They miss deadlines, which affects the bottom line. This Career Coaching feature will do all the work to help guide your team in developing time management skills.
Find a career coach with pepelwerk
Whether you are an employer looking to give your employees access to professional career coaches or you are a job seeker who wants to find a career coach to develop your potential for better work opportunities, we have you covered. Find out more about pepelwerk career coaches and how they can help you.