Direct Hire General Outdoor Skilled Labor Jobs That Match Your Skills
Jobs in Demand in Manual Labor
What Does a General Outdoor Skilled Laborer Do?
General Outdoor Skilled Laborer
What is a General Outdoor Skilled Laborer?
General Outdoor Skilled Laborers perform a variety of jobs that are essential to modern life. These jobs include land management; construction; mining, quarrying and oil and gas extraction; transportation and warehousing; utility work and some leisure and hospitality jobs.
Why companies need General Outdoor Skilled Labor
Companies need people like you to take care of their resources, people and equipment. General Outdoor Skilled Labor is difficult but rewarding work. If you like being outdoors, these jobs offer a variety of enjoyable settings. Because General Outdoor Skilled Labor happens outside, everything from the mountains to the sea and the city to the country are places that your job can take you.
How can I get paid the most?
- Products and stock are delivered and stored efficiently and safely.
- Plants and/or livestock are healthy and growing as expected.
- Group activities are well organized and safe, with activity participants reporting a positive experience.
- There is a high number of days without injury.
What do General Outdoor Skilled Laborers do?
Depending on the role you take, a job as a General Outdoor Skilled Laborer may include the following tasks:
- Delivery Driving & Warehouse Work: Transportation is a huge part of outdoor work, and companies need people to make sure that their stock is stored correctly, can be found easily and gets from point A to point B.
- Repair & Construction Work: Utilities and construction jobs often mean repairing outdoor equipment or building new structures and systems. Depending on which company is the right fit match for you, this kind of General Outdoor Skilled Labor could mean traveling the country to repair power lines or staying close to home and building new neighborhoods.
- Landscaping: Creativity, flexibility and knowledge of plants help you create and maintain landscaping that sets a mood for a building.
- Agricultural Work: Agricultural work is a kind of General Outdoor Skilled Labor that combines the maintenance of crops and the tending of livestock. This work may also include repairing equipment and creating or maintaining irrigation systems.
- Forestry & Land Management: Forestry and land management work is a segment of General Outdoor Skilled Labor that includes conservation work, tree planting and cutting, pest control and heavy machinery operation.
- Recreation Work: This kind of General Outdoor Skilled Labor includes planning, organizing and leading group activities for organizations, including community centers, hotels and even cruise ships. These activities can be anything from a game to a multi-day excursion to a remote camp site.
In addition to these highlights there may be other tasks/actions that you will be asked to participate in or complete that coincide with accomplishing the organization’s objectives that are broader than the direct responsibilities of this in-demand job.
Who manages you and who do you work with?
As a General Outdoor Skilled Laborer, you report to your team manager. While working, you may be far from other members of your team, but you will interact with the team nonetheless. During your work, you may also interact with the general public, government workers, land owners and specialists.
What attitude, attributes and abilities do you need to do the job well and fit with the company culture?
What Abilities (skills and experience) do I need?
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Equipment operation & control
- Control precision
- First aid
- Public safety & security
- Information ordering
- Problem sensitivity
- Deductive reasoning
- Administration & management
- Production & processing
- Customer & personal service
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Operations monitoring
- Quick reaction time
- Building & construction
- Relevant certifications
What Attributes & Attitudes are a best fit for this job?
- Solution oriented
Where do you work?
How will you get your work done?
Company typically will provide you with the tools that they need you to use to complete your job. This may not include hardware, transportation, or general tools that you would use for both personal and business purposes. Check with the company you match to be sure of what the company will and will not pay for.
The Type of Job
These jobs are in demand may also include Internship, Apprenticeship or Learn-On-The-job matches.
Giggers, part-time or independent contractors with multiple clients or projects may not match for this work opportunity.
What will I get paid and what I will get for doing this job?
The information below is a range of what you could be offered. Compensation and total rewards vary from company to company and your level of proficiency, match, experience, knowledge, and geography.
- Total Compensation Range: $24,170-$107,110
- Employee Benefit, Programs, Perks: $5,000- $25,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and National Holidays
- Purpose or Impact Alignment between your interests and the companies’ objectives
All elements of the total rewards: base compensation, variable compensation, health, and welfare programs the offerings and the conditions of receiving or eligibility of such offerings are all subject to change. The company will provide any changes in writing prior to the effective date.
All companies that you could match with on pepelwerk offer legitimate direct hire jobs. The people that you will work for and with are interested in building a team of people that have the right fit for the culture, the job and compliment how the team works.
When you match for jobs you will have an opportunity to learn more specifics about the company to determine if you are interested in working for them.
How to find the best job for you?
You download the People app and complete your Talent profile. Pepelwerk is not a staffing agency, and we are not a job board. We are a tool that is designed to help you get the job you need now and plan for jobs in demand in the future. You must match with the right fit based on your work-life goals, attitude and attributes.
Just a heads up – you cannot apply for jobs at pepelwerk or with our clients who use our technology and services to hire people and build their workforce.
No resume gaming, no keyword riddles, no ghosting and no fake jobs – just a secure, closed marketplace place for you to build the work-life you want.