Direct-hire IT Jobs That Match Your Skills
Jobs in Demand in IT
What Does an IT Workers Do?
What is an IT Worker?
IT is a broad field that covers everything from building computer networks to customer service for people having computer problems. IT Workers need a large variety of technical skills to get their jobs done.
Why companies need IT Workers
The purpose of IT Workers is to take care of computer equipment and networks and provide technical help to computer users.
How can I get paid the most?
- Goals and deadlines are distributed and met.
- Daily workflow is clear and efficient.
- Operations are efficient.
What do IT Workers do?
IT workers are responsible for maintaining computer equipment and networks. This may include:
- Analyze network data: IT Workers must ensure that all computer equipment works to acceptable standards, which means monitoring and analyzing data, including disk usage and network bandwidth.
- Configure equipment: Whether building a network from scratch or simply setting up log-in credentials for a new employee, IT workers must configure computer and networking equipment so that they work well as a system.
- Troubleshooting: Sometimes things don’t always go according to plan, such as when a part of a computer network goes down or when the WiFi connnected printer won’t print. During these times, IT workers earn their reputation for resiliency and problem solving.
- Install/upgrade software: In many companies, it is up to IT to keep software up to date, including common programs such as Microsoft Office and even operating systems like Windows.
- Technical support: With a little help from IT, most people are able to figure out why their computer isn’t working correctly and fix it. IT workers need to be communicative in both written guides and in verbal instructions, such as on a phone helpline.
In addition to these highlights there may be other tasks/actions that you will be asked to participate in or complete that coincide with accomplishing the organization’s objectives that are broader than the direct responsibilities of this in-demand job.
Who manages you and who do you work with?
You will report to the IT Manager. As an IT Worker, you will work with other staff members as well as with equipment vendors and service contractors.
What attitude, attributes and abilities do you need to do the job well and fit with the company culture?
What Abilities (skills and experience) do I need?
- Computer literacy
- Computer nerworking
- Customer service
- Phone etiquette
- Customer & personal service
- Engineering & technology
- Administration & management
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Decision making
- Complex problem solving
- Active learning
- Systems analysis
- Problem sensitivity
- Deductive reasoning
- Inductive reasoning
- Information ordering
- Networking certifications
What Attributes & Attitudes are a best fit for this job?
- Solution oriented
Where do you work?
How will you get your work done?
Company typically will provide you with the tools that they need you to use to complete your job. This may not include hardware, transportation, or general tools that you would use for both personal and business purposes. Check with the company you match to be sure of what the company will and will not pay for.
The Type of Job
These jobs are in demand may also include Internship, Apprenticeship or Learn-on-the-job matches.
Giggers, part-time or independent contractors with multiple clients or projects may not match for this work opportunity.
What will I get paid and what I will get for doing this job?
The information below is a range of what you could be offered. Compensation and total rewards vary from company to company and your level of proficiency, match, experience, knowledge, and geography.
- Total Compensation Range: $57,910-120,520
- Employee Benefit, Programs, Perks: $5,000- $25,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and National Holidays
- Purpose or Impact Alignment between your interests and the companies’ objectives
All elements of the total rewards: base compensation, variable compensation, health, and welfare programs the offerings and the conditions of receiving or eligibility of such offerings are all subject to change. The company will provide any changes in writing prior to the effective date
All companies that you could match with on pepelwerk offer legitimate direct hire jobs. The people that you will work for and with are interested in building a team of people that have the right fit for the culture, the job and compliment how the team works.
When you match for jobs you will have an opportunity to learn more specifics about the company to determine if you are interested in working for them.
How to find the best job for you
You download the People app and complete your Talent profile. Pepelwerk is not a staffing agency, and we are not a job board. We are a tool that is designed to help you get the job you need now and plan for jobs in demand in the future. You must match with the right fit based on your work-life goals, attitude and attributes.
Just a heads up – you cannot apply for jobs at pepelwerk or with our clients who use our technology and services to hire people and build their workforce.
No resume gaming, no keyword riddles, no ghosting and no fake jobs – just a secure, closed marketplace place for you to build the work-life you want.