Direct Hire Mechanic Jobs That Match Your Skills
Jobs in Demand in Maintenance & Repair
What Does a Mechanic Do?
What is a Mechanic?
Mechanics are skilled technicians who inspect, maintain and repair gasoline, diesel or electric engines, motorized equipment and machinery. They may work in a repair shop or travel to locations to address issues with machinery.
Why Companies Need Mechanics
Where there are moving parts, there is a need for maintenance or repair. For many companies, this means having one or more Mechanics on staff. Because of the varied types and purposes of machinery that exist, Mechanics tend to specialize.
How can I get paid the most?
- Machinery works according to specifications.
- Maintenance and repair records are complete and include inspections and parts used.
- Needed repairs are swiftly identified and completed.
- Customers or machine owners understand the nature of needed repairs or maintenance.
- All work falls within the authorized specifications of work orders.
What do Maechanics do?
As a Mechanic, it is your job to identify and explain problems to stakeholders, plan work, test parts and systems, perform maintenance and make repairs.
- Identify & Explain Problems: Use knowledge and computerized diagnostic equipment to interpret mechanical or electrical data and find, diagnose and explain problems with mechanical systems.
- Plan Work: Use technical expertise, machine or engine documentation and knowledge of best practices to plan the best way to maintain or repair mechanical equipment.
- Test Parts & Systems: Test parts and systems to ensure that they work according to specifications.
- Perform Maintenance: Keep machinery and mechanical systems running smoothly by performing maintenance such as changing oil, regreasing parts and checking fluid levels.
- Make Repairs: Perform repairs to manufacturer and customer specifications.
- Keep Maintenance & Repair Records: Keep records of inspections, test results, work performed and parts used.
In addition to these highlights there may be other tasks/actions that you will be asked to participate in or complete that coincide with accomplishing the organization’s objectives that are broader than the direct responsibilities of this in-demand job.
Who manages you and who do you work with?
As a Mechanic, you will report to your team leader and shop supervisor, and you will work with other mechanics and specialized technicians, including electricians, plumbers and HVAC technicians.
What attitude, attributes and abilities do you need to do the job well and fit with the company culture?
What Abilities (skills and experience) do I need?
- Equipment maintenance
- Operations monitoring
- Information ordering
- Finger dexterity
- Control precision
- Multilimb coordination
- Manual dexterity
- Building & construction
- Customer & personal service
- Operation & control
- Quality control analysis
- Complex problem solving
- Arm-hand steadiness
- Manual dexterity
- Near vision
- Deductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
- Inductive reasoning
- Problem sensitivity
- Hearing sensitivity
- Extent flexibility
- Visual color discrimination
- Fast reaction time
What Attributes & Attitudes are a best fit for this job?
Where do you work?
How will you get your work done?
Company typically will provide you with the tools that they need you to use to complete your job. This may not include hardware, transportation, or general tools that you would use for both personal and business purposes. Check with the company you match to be sure of what the company will and will not pay for.
The Type of Job
These jobs are in demand may also include Internship, Apprenticeship or Learn-On-The-job matches.
Giggers, part-time or independent contractors with multiple clients or projects may not match for this work opportunity.
What will I get paid and what I will get for doing this job?
The information below is a range of what you could be offered. Compensation and total rewards vary from company to company and your level of proficiency, match, experience, knowledge, and geography.
- Total Compensation Range: $27,890-$98,590
- Employee Benefit, Programs, Perks: $5,000- $25,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and National Holidays
- Purpose or Impact Alignment between your interests and the companies’ objectives
All elements of the total rewards: base compensation, variable compensation, health, and welfare programs the offerings and the conditions of receiving or eligibility of such offerings are all subject to change. The company will provide any changes in writing prior to the effective date.
All companies that you could match with on pepelwerk offer legitimate direct hire jobs. The people that you will work for and with are interested in building a team of people that have the right fit for the culture, the job and compliment how the team works.
When you match for jobs you will have an opportunity to learn more specifics about the company to determine if you are interested in working for them.
How to find the best job for you?
You download the People app and complete your Talent profile. Pepelwerk is not a staffing agency, and we are not a job board. We are a tool that is designed to help you get the job you need now and plan for jobs in demand in the future. You must match with the right fit based on your work-life goals, attitude and attributes.
Just a heads up – you cannot apply for jobs at pepelwerk or with our clients who use our technology and services to hire people and build their workforce.
No resume gaming, no keyword riddles, no ghosting and no fake jobs – just a secure, closed marketplace place for you to build the work-life you want.