Direct-hire Administrative Assistant Jobs That Match Your Skills
Jobs in Demand in Administrative Support
What Does an Administrative Assistant Do?
What is an Administrative Assistant?
Administrative assistants handle routine office work, such as managing calendars, organizing and maintaining files and answering phones and emails. They may also draft reports and correspondence or handle requests for info.
Why Companies Need Administrative Assistants
The purpose of administrative assistants is to take care of routine administrative duties and office work.
How can I get paid the most?
- Goals and deadlines are distributed and met.
- Daily workflow is clear and efficient.
- Operations are efficient.
What do Administrative Assistants do?
Administrative assistants are responsible for routine administrative duties for one or more people. This may include:
- Answer telephone calls & emails: Administrative assistants may need to take messages, transfer calls or handle requests for information.
- Handle mail and email: Open, read and give physical mail to the right people and handle incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Maintain calendar(s): Manage one or more people’s calendars to ensure the department runs smoothly. This may include handling travel arrangements, reservations, scheduling meetings or appointments.
- Maintain a filing systems: One of the most important tasks of an administrative assistant is keeping their department organized. This may require physical or electronic filing systems or even databases.
In addition to these highlights there may be other tasks/actions that you will be asked to participate in or complete that coincide with accomplishing the organization’s objectives that are broader than the direct responsibilities of this in-demand job.
Who manages you and who do you work with?
You will report to the Administrative Services Manager. As a business administrator, you will work with other staff members, project managers, accountants, administrators and administrative assistants.
What attitude, attributes and abilities do you need to do the job well and fit with the company culture?
What Abilities (skills and experience) do I need?
- Business administration
- Active listening
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Customer & personal service orientation
- Administration & management know how
- Reading comprehension
- Time management
- Social perceptiveness
- Critical thinking
- Information ordering
- Problem sensitivity
- Deductive reasoning
What Attributes & Attitudes are a best fit for this job?
- Good listener
Where do you work?
How will you get your work done?
Company typically will provide you with the tools that they need you to use to complete your job. This may not include hardware, transportation, or general tools that you would use for both personal and business purposes. Check with the company you match to be sure of what the company will and will not pay for.
The Type of Job
These jobs are in demand may also include Internship, Apprenticeship or Learn-on-the-job matches.
Giggers, part-time or independent contractors with multiple clients or projects may not match for this work opportunity.
What will I get paid and what I will get for doing this job?
The information below is a range of what you could be offered. Compensation and total rewards vary from company to company and your level of proficiency, match, experience, knowledge, and geography.
- Total Compensation Range: $37,450-$64,039
- Employee Benefit, Programs, Perks: $5,000- $25,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and National Holidays
- Purpose or Impact Alignment between your interests and the companies’ objectives
All elements of the total rewards: base compensation, variable compensation, health, and welfare programs the offerings and the conditions of receiving or eligibility of such offerings are all subject to change. The company will provide any changes in writing prior to the effective date.
All companies that you could match with on pepelwerk offer legitimate direct hire jobs. The people that you will work for and with are interested in building a team of people that have the right fit for the culture, the job and compliment how the team works.
When you match for jobs you will have an opportunity to learn more specifics about the company to determine if you are interested in working for them.
How to find the best job for you
You download the People app and complete your Talent profile. Pepelwerk is not a staffing agency, and we are not a job board. We are a tool that is designed to help you get the job you need now and plan for jobs in demand in the future. You must match with the right fit based on your work-life goals, attitude and attributes.
Just a heads up – you cannot apply for jobs at pepelwerk or with our clients who use our technology and services to hire people and build their workforce.
No resume gaming, no keyword riddles, no ghosting and no fake jobs – just a secure, closed marketplace place for you to build the work-life you want.